Mechanical Project Engineer
As a Mechanical Project Engineer, you are responsible for the mechanical design of the material handling system. Together with other disciplines such as electrical and controls you translate the sales design in a working system solution. You coordinate the design with the customer and suppliers to achieve a coordinated design. Under your direction, the layout design engineer will make the 3D model. You will coordinate with suppliers and customers regarding interfaces and building / utilities. You will draw up specifications for the production and purchase of parts. When the conveyor system is installed on-site, you support the installation team in the field with technical questions. You report directly to the Project Leader Engineering. Travel is part of the job (on average 20%).
- translate the sales layout into a working system solution
- are Responsible for the integration of various parts in the total mechanical design and Work closely with suppliers, PLC and EM engineers
- coordinate the design with customer and suppliers
- are able to make sketches and validate the design in Inventor
- make specifications for purchasing and production parts of the material handling system
- manage the Layout Design Engineer when making the engineering layouts
- are the point of contact for technical questions during installation in the field
- provide installation and as-built documentation
- Minimum Bachelor level, preferably a degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience (at least 5 years) and extensive mechanical knowledge of conveyor systems is preferred
- Familiar with 3D modeling and CAD software (inventor / Vault)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in Dutch and English
- Able to work independently
- Excellent technical knowledge and good spatial insight to assess the feasibility of a concept
- Proven problem-solving ability to quickly find the right solutions
- Can work on different projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Works accurately and structured, has an eye for detail and keeps an overview
What we offer
- Short communication lines
- Working within an inspiring team
- 40 hours a week
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive primary and secondary working conditions
- Many opportunities for professional development
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and in our statement Above and Beyond?
And would you like to help building a fast-growing player in the material handling industry?
Then click the button and apply now.
* Acquisition will not be appreciated in this phase.